Hexagram Number 60 Keyword(s):Limitation
Symbolic of: limitations and constraint
THE KIEH HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
Kieh intimates that
(under its conditions) there will be progress and attainment. (But)
if the regulations (which it prescribes) be severe and difficult,
they cannot be permanent.
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first NINE, undivided, shows its subject
not quitting the courtyard outside his door. There will be no error.
2. The second NINE, undivided, shows its subject
not quitting the courtyard inside his gate. There will be evil.
3. . The third SIX, divided, shows its subject
with no appearance of observing the (proper) regulations, in which
case we shall see him lamenting. But there will be no one to blame
4. The fourth SIX, divided, shows its subject
quietly and naturally (attentive to all) regulations. There will be
progress and success.
5. The fifth NINE, undivided, shows its subject
sweetly and acceptably enacting his regulations. There will be good
fortune. The onward progress with them will afford ground for
6. The topmost SIX, divided, shows its subject
enacting regulations severe and difficult. Even with firmness and
correctness there will be evil. But though there will be cause for
repentance, it will (by and by) disappear.