Hexagram Number 31 Keyword(s):Influence
Symbolic of: something heartfelt
THE HSIEN HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
Hsien indicates that, (on the
fulfillment of the
conditions implied in it), there will be free course and success.
Its advantageousness will depend on the being firm and correct, (as)
in marrying a young lady. There will be good fortune.
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first six, divided, shows one moving his
2. The second SIX, divided, shows one moving the
calves of his leg. There will be evil. If he abide (quiet in his
place), there will be good fortune.
3. The third NINE, undivided, shows one moving his
thighs, and keeping close hold of those whom he follows. Going
forward (in this way) will cause regret.
4. The fourth NINE, undivided, shows that firm
correctness whi.ch will lead to good fortune, and prevent all
occasion for repentance. If its subject be unsettled in his
movements, (only) his friends will follow his purpose.
5. The fifth NINE, undivided, shows one moving the
flesh along the spine above the heart. There will be no occasion for
6. The sixth six, divided, shows one moving his
jaws and tongue.