Hexagram Number 63 Keyword(s):Completion
Symbolic of: completion
THE K� Z� HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
K� Z� intimates
progress and success in small matters. There will be advantage in
being firm and correct. There has been good fortune in the
beginning; there may be disorder in the end.
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first NINE, undivided, (shows its subject
as a driver) who drags back his wheel, (or as a fox) which has wet
his tail. There will be no error.
2. The second SIX, divided, (shows its subject as)
a wife who has lost her (carriage-)screen. There is no occasion to
go in pursuit of it. In seven days she will find it.
3. The third NINE, undivided, (suggests the case
of) K�o Zung, who attacked the Demon region, but was three years
in subduing it. Small men should not be employed (in such
4. The fourth SIX, divided, shows its subject with
rags provided against any leak (in his boat), and on his guard all
5. The fifth NINE, undivided, shows its subject
(as) the neighbour in the east who slaughters an ox (for his
sacrifice); but this is not equal to the (small) spring sacrifice of
the neighbour in the west, whose sincerity receives the blessing.
6. The topmost SIX, divided, shows its subject
with (even) his head immersed. The position is perilous.