Hexagram Number 44 Keyword(s):Tempting Encounter
Symbolic of: an encounter
THE K�U HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
K�u shows a female who is bold and strong. It
will not be good to marry (such) a female.
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first SIX, divided, shows how its subject
should be kept (like a carriage) tied and fastened to a metal drag,
in which case with firm correctness there will be good fortune.
(But) if he move in any direction, evil will appear. He will be
(like) a lean pig, which is sure to keep jumping about.
2. The second NINE, undivided, shows its subject
with a wallet of fish. There will be no error. But it will not be
well to let (the subject of the first line) go forward to the
3. The third NINE, undivided, shows one from whose
buttocks the skin has been stripped so that he walks with
difficulty. The position is perilous, but there will be no great
4. The fourth NINE, undivided, shows its subject
with his wallet, but no fish in it. This will give rise to evil.
5. The fifth NINE, undivided, (shows its subject
as) a medlar tree overspreading the gourd (beneath it). If he keep
his brilliant qualities concealed, (a good issue) will descend (as)
6. The sixth NINE, undivided, shows its subject
receiving others on his horns. There will be occasion for regret,
but there will be no error.