Hexagram Number 32 Keyword(s):Continuity
Symbolic of: constancy
THE HĂNG HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
Hăng indicates successful progress and no
error (in what it denotes). But the advantage will come from being
firm and correct; and movement in any direction whatever will be
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first SIX, divided, shows its subject
deeply (desirous) of long continuance. Even with firm correctness
there will be evil; there will be no advantage in any way.
2. The second NINE, undivided, shows all occasion
for repentance disappearing.
3. The third NINE, undivided, shows one who does
not continuously maintain his virtue. There are those who will
impute this to him as a disgrace. However firm he may be, there will
be ground for regret.
4. The fourth NINE, undivided, shows a field where
there is no game.
5. The fifth SIX, divided, shows its subject
continuously maintaining the virtue indicated by it. In a wife this
will be fortunate; in a husband, evil.
6. The topmost SIX, divided, shows its subject
exciting himself to long continuance. There will be evil.