Hexagram Number 30 Keyword(s):Fire
Symbolic of: clinging
THE L� HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
L� indicates that, (in regard to what it
denotes), it will be advantageous to be firm and correct, and that
thus there will be free course and success. Let (its subject)
also nourish (a docility like that of) the cow, and there will be
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first NINE, undivided, shows one ready to
move with confused steps. But he treads at the same time reverently,
and there will be no mistake.
2. The second SIX, divided, shows its subject in
his place in yellow. There will be great good fortune.
3. The third NINE, undivided, shows its subject in
a position like that of the declining sun. Instead of playing on his
instrument of earthenware, and singing to it, he utters the groans
of an old man of eighty. There will be evil.
4. The fourth NINE, undivided, shows the manner of
its subject's coming. How abrupt it is, as with fire, with death, to
be rejected (by all)!
5. The fifth SIX, divided, shows its subject as
one with tears flowing in torrents, and groaning in sorrow. There
will be good fortune.
6. The topmost NINE, undivided, shows the king
employing its subject in his punitive expeditions. Achieving
admirable (merit), he breaks (only) the chiefs (of the rebels).
Where his prisoners were not their associates, he does not punish.
There will be no error.