Hexagram Number 26 Keyword(s): Restraining Force
Symbolic of: a heavy involvement
THE T� KH� HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
Under the conditions of T� Kh� it will be
advantageous to be firm and correct. (If its subject do not seek to)
enjoy his revenues in his own family (without taking service at
court), there will be good fortune. It will be advantageous for him
to cross the great stream.
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first NINE, undivided, shows its subject in
a position of peril. It will be advantageous for him to stop his
2. The second NINE, undivided, shows a carriage
with the strap under it removed.
3. The third NINE, undivided, shows its subject
urging his way with good horses. It will be advantageous for him to
realise the difficulty (of his course), and to be firm and correct,
exercising himself daily in his charioteering and methods of defence;
then there will be advantage in whatever direction he may advance.
4. The fourth six, divided, shows the young bull,
(and yet) having the piece of wood over his horns. There will be
great good fortune.
5. The fifth six, divided, shows the teeth of a
castrated hog. There will be good fortune.
6. The sixth NINE, undivided, shows its subject
(as) in command of the firmament of heaven. There will be progress.