Hexagram Number 16 Keyword(s):Enthusiasm
Symbolic of: an eagerness to begin
THE Y� HEXAGRAM
The General Meaning
Y� indicates that, (in the state which it
implies), feudal princes may be set up, and the hosts put in motion,
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first SIX, divided, shows its subject
proclaiming his pleasure and satisfaction. There will be evil.
2. The second SIX, divided, shows one who is firm
as a rock. (He sees a thing) without waiting till it has come to
pass; with his firm correctness there will be good fortune.
3. The third SIX, divided, shows one looking up
(for favours), while he indulges the feeling of pleasure and
satisfaction. If he would understand!--If he be late in doing so,
there will indeed be occasion for repentance.
4. The fourth NINE, undivided, shows him from whom
the harmony and satisfaction come. Great is the success which he
obtains. Let him not allow suspicions to enter his mind, and thus
friends will gather around him.
5. The fifth six, divided, shows one with a
chronic complaint, but who lives on without dying.
6. The topmost six, divided, shows its subject
with darkened mind devoted to the pleasure and satisfaction (of the
time); but if he change his course even when (it may be considered
as) completed, there will be no error.