Hexagram Number 15
Symbolic of: biting one's tongue
The General Meaning
Khien indicates progress
and success. The superior man, (being humble as it implies), will
have a (good) issue (to his undertakings).
Explanation of the separate lines
1. The first SIX, divided, shows us the superior
man who adds humility to humility. (Even) the great stream may be
crossed with this, and there will be good fortune.
2. The second SIX, divided, shows us humility that
has made itself recognised. With firm correctness there will be good
3. The third NINE, undivided, shows the superior
man of (acknowledged) merit. He will maintain his success to the
end, and have good fortune.
4. The fourth SIX, divided, shows one, whose
action would be in every way advantageous, stirring up (the more)
5. The fifth SIX, divided, shows one who, without
being rich, is able to employ his neighbours. He may advantageously
use the force of arms. All his movements will be advantageous.
6. The sixth SIX, divided, shows us humility that
has made itself recognised. The subject of it will with advantage
put his hosts in motion; but (he will only) punish his own towns and
Learn Tarot Card Meanings, what they mean when combined in a reading, test your knowledge in the Tarot Quiz and reveal what the future may hold with the Tarot Reading App.